- Privacy: an Interpretation of the Library Bill of Rights
- This document explains the value of protecting the confidentiality of patron records.
- K.S.A. 45-221 (23)
- Library records not required to be open to the public. K.S.A. 45-221 (23) says the Kansas Open Records Act does not apply to patron and circulation records which identify individuals.
- This document:
- Defines Personally Indentifiable Information
- Special conditions such as public library services to minors.
- Checklist of basic questions to ask about collecting information, providing privacy and reviewing your policy
- Examples of policies protecting patron records.
- Kansas City Public Library
Topeka Shawnee County Public Library
Overbrook Public Library
http://tinyurl.com/aqg45jt (Scroll down to confidentiality)
Newton Public Library
http://tinyurl.com/c5qbdjw (Scroll down to confidentiality)